Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nice Trip!

Check out this piece I did for the Canadian Sportsman. I finished this one a while back, it's just been difficult to find the time to post it. The article was about this horse trainer who had many quirks. One of the quirks was how he would train the horses to get into the stables by pretending to trip over his laces. I know, weird.

Sketches
In this sketch I wanted to show a standard portrait of all the horses he trained.In this one, I showed the part in the article when he would do the "trip over his laces" trick. I was going to just send these two sketches...
... but I decided to do one more and i came up with this one. As you can see the editor really liked this one.

Inks
In the sketch there was a border, I decided to take it out. Looks way better without it.

No comments: